(Tenure Track with focus on education: 60% teaching, 20% research, 20% organization and management)
The Faculty of Technology Policy and Management invites candidates for a Tenure Track position as an assistant professor within the Systems Engineering Group. The focus of this position is on complex systems modelling and design with a particular focus on teaching at both the BSc and MSc level.
This position involves;
– active contribution to the educational programmes of the department both as a teacher and a leader
– research in the field of Complex Systems Design and Modelling (e.g. participatory modelling, multi-modelling, agent-based modelling)
– creating and maintaining a national and international academic and professional network.
– a doctorate degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Distributed Simulation, Systems Design or a related field,
– clear affinity with, and preferably experience in, teaching systems modelling, systems design and/or systems engineering courses at both the BSc and MSc level
– motivation and drive to embrace interdisciplinary research in large-scale, socio-technical systems (see participatorysystems.tudelft.nl for a description of the group’s main research programme)
– the ability to embrace the value of being scientific team player in working with colleagues and students in teaching, research, and management, with a large dose of creativity.
– An excellent command of the English language. Knowledge of the Dutch language is an advantage.
Conditions of employment
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. In the fifth year we’ll decide if you will be offered a permanent faculty position, based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment. We expect that you have the potential to grow towards an Associate Professor and/or Full Professor role in the future.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. We expect you to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) within three years if you have less than five years of teaching experience. This is provided by the TU Delft UTQ programme.
TU Delft sets high standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. If you do not speak Dutch, we offer courses to learn the Dutch language within three years.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
TU Delft (Delft University of Technology)
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context. At TU Delft we embrace diversity and aim to be as inclusive as possible (see our Code of Conduct). Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
Faculty Technology, Policy and Management
With its excellent education and research at the intersection of technology, society and policy, the Faculty of TPM makes an important contribution to solving complex technical-social issues, such as energy transition, mobility, digitalisation, water management and (cyber) security.
We combine insights from the engineering sciences, the social and the humanities. We develop robust models and designs, are internationally oriented and have an extensive network with knowledge institutions, companies, social organisations and governments.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact prof. dr. F.M. Brazier, F.M.Brazier@tudelft.nl.
For information about the application procedure, please contact Erika van IJperen-Fijma, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before 04-11-2021 via the application button via the application button.
Please include in your application a motivation letter, your teaching and research vision (not more than one page each), A curriculum vitae including a selection of impactful achievements in education and research of which you are particularly proud.
You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
A pre-Employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Applying for a PhD position with a CSC Scholarship
If you are a prospective CSC (China Scholarship Council) PhD candidate, motivated, and you are interested in conducting research related to the following area, please contact us by email with your CV, a motivation letter and a short research proposal.Continue reading →